Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall, Huddersfield. View directions
Contact: Andrea Woodside Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of Cabinet
To receive apologies for absence from Cabinet Members who are unable to attend this meeting.
Members will be asked to say if there are any items on the Agenda in which they have any disclosable pecuniary interests or any other interests, which may prevent them from participating in any discussion of the items or participating in any vote upon the items.
To approve the Minutes of the Meeting of the Cabinet held on 23 January 2024.
Admission of the Public
Most agenda items will be considered in public session, however, it shall be advised whether the Cabinet will consider any matters in private, by virtue of the reports containing information which falls within a category of exempt information as contained at Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
Cabinet will receive any petitions and/or deputations from members of the public. A deputation is where up to five people can attend the meeting and make a presentation on some particular issue of concern. A member of the public can also submit a petition at the meeting relating to a matter on which the body has powers and responsibilities.
In accordance with Council Procedure Rule 10, Members of the Public must submit a deputation in writing, at least three clear working days in advance of the meeting and shall subsequently be notified if the deputation shall be heard. A maximum of four deputations shall be heard at any one meeting.
Questions by Members of the Public
To receive any public questions.
In accordance with Council Procedure Rule 11, the period for the asking and answering of public questions shall not exceed 15 minutes.
Any questions must be submitted in writing at least three clear working days in advance of the meeting.
Questions by Elected Members (Oral Questions)
Cabinet will receive any questions from Elected Members.
In accordance with Executive Procedure Rule 2.3 (22.214.171.124) a period of up to 30 minutes will be allocated.
To consider the 2024/2025 Council Plan.
Contact: Stephen Bonnell – Policy, Partnerships and Corporate Planning
That the 2024/2025 Council Plan be approved and referred to the meeting of Council on 6 March 2024, with a recommendation that the Council Plan be adopted as part of the Policy Framework.
To recommend a budget to Council for Capital, General Fund Revenue and Housing Revenue Account and approve the Council Treasury Management Strategy.
Contact: Isabel Brittain – Interim Service Director, Finance
That the Motion be submitted to the Meeting of Council on 6 March 2024 with a recommendation that;
(i) General Fund Revenue
- the draft Revenue Budget for 2024-2025, as attached at Appendix F, be approved
- the forecast spending and funding plans for the 2024-2027 period, as set out at Appendix F, be noted
- the forecast levels of statutory and other council reserves, as set out at Appendix H, be noted
- the strategy for the use of balances and reserves (paragraph 2.15 refers) be approved
- the Council’s participation in the Leeds City Region Business Rates Pool for 2024-2054 be noted and that authority be delegated to the Chief Executive and Service Director (Finance), in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member (Finance), to agree the governance arrangements for 2024-2025, to be approved by the Business Rates Joint Committee (paragraph 2.20 refers)
- it be noted that discussions regarding the uplifts on the rates paid to external providers for demand-led activities are ongoing, and that authority be delegated to the Strategic Director (Adults and Health) to agree the final uplifts to rates for 2024-2025 (paragraph 2.4.3 refers)
- approval be given to the Council’s flexible capital receipts policy for 2024-2025 (paragraph 2.8 and Appendix E refer)
- approval be given to the Council Tax requirement for 2024-2025 (Appendix N refers)
- the Council’s Statutory 151 Officer’s positive assurance statement as to the robustness of the forecasts and estimates and adequacy of financial reserves be noted (paragraph 2.21 refers)
- authority be delegated to the Council’s statutory s151 Officer to amend how the finally approved precepts are recorded in the Council’s revenue budget in line with the final notifications received following decisions by the West Yorkshire Mayor Police and Crime Commissioner, the Fire and Rescue Authority and the Parish Councils, should these be received after 6 March 2023 (paragraph 3.1.3 refers)
(ii) Treasury Management
- the borrowing strategy be approved (paragraphs 2.16 to 2.29 refer)
- the investment strategy be approved (paragraphs 2.30 to 2.38 and Appendices A and B refer)
- the policy for provision of repayment of debt (minimum revenue provision) be approved (paragraphs 2.39 to 2.41, Appendix C refer)
- the treasury management indicators be approved (Appendix D refers)
- the investment strategy (non treasury investments) be approved (Appendix F refers)
- the updated Capital Plan 2023-2032 be approved (Appendix Kiii refers)
- the Capital Strategy (including prudential indicators) be approved (Appendix K refers)
(iv) Housing Revenue Account
- the draft Housing Revenue Account Budget for 2024-2025 be approved (Appendix L refers)
- the strategy for the use of the Housing Revenue Account reserves be approved (Appendix L refers)