Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To provide an update on progress with housing delivery across the district.
Cabinet Report – Housing Delivery Plan. Approved 29th August 2018 https://democracy.kirklees.gov.uk/documents/g5703/Public%20reports%20pack%2029th-Aug-2018%2016.00%20Cabinet.pdf?T=10
Cabinet Report – Dewsbury Riverside Masterplan. Approved 19th March 2019
Cabinet Report – Housing Delivery Plan Update. Approved 20th January 2020
Dewsbury Riverside Development Strategy. Approved 25th February 2020
Cabinet Report – Housing Delivery Plan Update. Approved 27th June 2023
1) That in relation to Dewsbury Riverside, authority be delegated to the Service Director – Skills & Regeneration, in consultation with the relevant portfolio holder, the Service Director - Finance and the Service Director – Legal, Governance and Commissioning, power to enter into appropriate legal agreements, including an MoU with Homes England and Network Rail, and undertake the appropriate procurement route required for the appointment of a master developer to deliver the site, including relevant agreements with other land owners and interested parties.
2) That, pursuant to (1) above, authority be delegated to the Service Director – Skills & Regeneration, in consultation with relevant portfolio holder, the Service Director - Finance and the Service Director – Legal, Governance and Commissioning, to dispose of the Council’s land as required to facilitate the delivery of the Dewsbury Riverside site (Local Plan Ref: HS61).
3) That, pursuant to (1) above, authority be delegated to the Service Director – Legal, Governance and Commissioning to enter into all agreements necessary to effect the disposals referred to at resolutions 1 and 2 above.
4) That in relation to Fenay Lane, approval be given to the disposal of the site at ‘less than best consideration’ to the preferred partner when appointed in accordance with the General Disposal Consent (England) 2003.
5) That, pursuant to (4) above, authority be delegated to the Strategic Director, Growth and Regeneration to negotiate and agree the terms of disposal for the site with the preferred partner; and determine the appropriate level of discount for the site following a comprehensive assessment of the appointed partner’s development appraisal reflecting the housing mix which receives planning consent.
6) That, pursuant to (4) above, authority be delegated to the Service Director, Legal, Governance and Commissioning to enter into and execute any agreement and other ancillary documents necessary to dispose of the site to the preferred partner for use as affordable and market housing dependent on the final housing mix.
7) That in relation to site development, preparation and delivery, a grant (Capital Allowances) be added into the Capital Plan to support the delivery of the Housing Growth Programme.
8) That, pursuant to (7) above, approval be given to the capital funding from grant (Capital Allowances) up to the maximum available for this activity which is £1.014M in total for Housing Growth site development, preparation, and delivery costs to support progress of sites in the Housing Growth Programme, whereby the capital funding will be drawn down into the capital plan as each element of expenditure is required and when expenditure is approved by the chair of Housing Growth Board.
Report author: Adele Buckley
Publication date: 15/11/2023
Date of decision: 14/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/11/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/11/2023