Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That the grant of an Adult Gaming Premises Licence in respect of Royal Amusements, 23 Northgate, Dewsbury, WF13 1DS be granted with the following conditions:
· Prominent signage and notices advertising that Under 18's not to be allowed on the premises.
· A “think 25” proof of age scheme to be operated at the premises where any person who appears to be under 25 years of age, and who has not previously provided satisfactory proof to the contrary, is challenged at the point of entry.
· Acceptable forms of identification to be recognised, such as a driving licence, passport or proof of age card with the PASS Hologram.
· Appropriate staffing levels to be assessed by way of risk assessment and cognisance and advice to be taken from the Licensing Department.
· Individuals who are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol not to be allowed to enter the premises.
· The licensee to take reasonable steps to prevent nuisance directly outside the premises.
· A digital CCTV system to be installed to Home Office Guidance standards and maintained in a good working condition to ensure continuous quality of image capture and retention:
(a) Cameras to be sited to observe the entrance doors from the inside.
(b) Cameras on the entrances must capture full frame shots of the heads and shoulders of all people entering the premises i.e. capable of identification.
(c) Cameras must be sited to cover all areas to which the public have access including any outside smoking area.
(d) Cameras must record whilst members of the public are frequenting the premises.
(e) CCTV system to be able to provide a linked recording of the date and time of any image.
(f) CCTV system to have a monitor to review images and recordings.
(g) A member of staff trained in operating CCTV to be at the venue during times open to the public.
(h) CCTV footage must be kept for 31 days.
(i) CCTV equipment must have a suitable export method, e.g. CD/DVD writer / USB.
(j) CCTV footage must be available within a reasonable time to Police on request.
· An incident log to be kept at the premises, in a hardback durable format, handwritten at the time of the incident or as near to as is reasonable and made available on request to the Police, which will record the following:
(a) all crimes reported to the venue.
(b) all ejections of patrons.
(c) any complaints received.
(d) any incidents of disorder.
(e) any faults in the CCTV system.
(g) any visit by a relevant authority or emergency service.
· The Licensee to join any local Betwatch or similar scheme.
· The Licensee to work with the Licensing Department and Councillors to resolve any issues.
Publication date: 31/01/2024
Date of decision: 30/01/2024
Decided at meeting: 30/01/2024 - Licensing Panel