This report will seek Cabinet Authority to accept grant funding and move forward programmes and projects relating to:
· Levelling Up Round 3 – Huddersfield Open Market
· Levelling Up Round 3 – Penistone Line
· The Kirklees Investment Zone, forming part of the Station to Stadium Enterprise Corridor
· Long Term Investment in Towns – Dewsbury
The Report seeks authority from Cabinet to:
· Accept grant funding.
· Set up the necessary governance and approval arrangements.
· Utilise funding to develop and deliver projects as required to ensure project completion.
· Deploy any necessary resources to support the delivery of these and projects and programmes, including related procurement activity.
In developing the proposals for the LUF3 projects engagement has taken place with key stakeholders including but not limited to: local communities and traders for the Huddersfield Open Market project; and WYCA, Network Rail, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, and South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority for the Penistone Line project.
Similarly, engagement with partners, in particular WYCA, the University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield Town AFC and Huddersfield Giants and local businesses has taken place as part of the Investment Zone / Station to Stadium Masterplan work.
Significant engagement has taken place previously in Dewsbury and in the development of the new Long-term Plan further engagement is planned.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure>£500,000 and affects2 or more wards;
Decision status: For Determination
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 06/02/2024
Decision due: 12 Mar 2024 by Cabinet
Lead member: Portfolio Holder for Housing & Highways, Portfolio Holder for Finance & Regeneration
Lead director: Service Director - Development, Service Director - Skills & Regeneration, Strategic Director for Growth and Regeneration
Department: Housing and Highways
Contact: David Wildman, Strategic Partnership Lead - Town Centres 01484 221000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultation was undertaken on both the Huddersfield and Dewsbury Blueprints, and also on the Station to Stadium Masterplan. As projects progress further scheme specific and statutory consultation will take place as required.
Members/Officers Involved: Cllr Graham Turner and Cllr Moses Crook David Shepherd, Joanne Bartholomew, Edward Highfield, Simon Taylor, Chris Duffill, David Wildman, Sarah Collins, Joanna Ward