Department of Engineering & Technology - Industry Advisory Panel
Terms of Reference
The Industry Advisory Panel provides a forum in which the Department’s Teaching & Learning, Research, and Enterprise strategies and activities are presented and discussed with representatives from industry, commerce and any other sectors (e.g. local government) which the Department may deem to share common, or overlapping, interests.
The aim is to improve the standing of the Department through the relevance and quality of its activities by reflecting the needs of industry, commerce, and the wider community. In this context, the panel will:
· Promote closer academic collaboration with industry, commerce and other sectors in the development of undergraduate, postgraduate and post experience programmes.
· Assist in sourcing guest lectures, industry led projects, placements, course prizes, scholarships, sponsorship and the development of graduate recruitment opportunities.
· Develop collaborative research, knowledge transfer and enterprise activities.
· Review relevant Government and Funding Council initiatives and policies
· Encourage members to act as ambassadors for the Department. In this connection, such members will be appointed as ‘Affiliates of the Department of Engineering & Technology’.
Membership of the Panel is by invitation of the Head of Department in accordance with the following guidelines:
Internal members – senior academic staff (e.g. Subject Area Leaders, Professoriate) and relevant support staff.
External members -from a representative cross-section of organisations (private and/or public sector).
Members would normally be expected to serve for a minimum term of three years, subject to renewal by mutual agreement for a maximum of three terms. Where agreed by the Head of Department membership may be shared between more than one individual representing a single organisation.
University of Huddersfield